Northwest Multiple Listing Service (“NWMLS” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.nwmls.com (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website, and on or through forms on this Website.
- When you subscribe to any of our mailing lists or newsletters.
It does not apply to information collected:
- Through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party, including any real estate firm or broker; or
- By any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Not Directed to People under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for people under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18. If we learn we have unknowingly collected or received personal information from an individual under the age of 18, we will delete that information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and geolocation (“personal information“);
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website. One of the forms on our Website allows you to contact the real estate firm or broker for a property in which you may be interested. You may not include any sensitive personal information (e.g., information about any health conditions) in any of the fields in the form.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including pages visited, how long you remained on our Website, traffic data, general location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- In connection with our Listing Search feature, with your consent to center the map presented to your browser’s specific geolocation.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Northwest Multiple Listing Service’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Northwest Multiple Listing Service about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To a real estate firm or broker when and as you complete a form indicating your interest in a given property and being contacted by the firm or broker for that property. We disclose the completed form to the real estate firm or broker, and no personal information except as on that form. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Northwest Multiple Listing Service, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Information
If you have completed and submitted through our Website a form to a real estate firm or broker indicating your interest in a given property, our practice is to delete that form within one day of submission. Once the form is submitted to the real estate firm or broker, the information on that form would be subject to the privacy terms of that real estate firm or broker. Accordingly, if you would like that information or to have it corrected or deleted, please contact the applicable real estate firm or broker.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Northwest Multiple Listing Service 11430 NE 120th Street, Kirkland, WA 98034; or at firstname.lastname@example.org.