NW REporter

Northwest REporter is a joint publication brought to you by Northwest Multiple Listing Service and the Seattle King County REALTORS.

Seattle King County Realtors

July 2020 Issues

It’s past time to strike racially restrictive covenants from deeds

Although no longer enforceable, restrictive covenants were common in the first half of the 20th Century. Such agreements sometimes barred people from specific races, national origins, ethnic backgrounds, and even certain religions from legally purchasing or occupying properties. A report in the September/October edition Common Ground, a publication of Community [..]

Issues & Impacts

Issues & Impacts is a quarterly publication produced by the SEATTLE KingCounty REALTORS® to inform members about current issues and successes within your Governmental Affairs Department. SEATTLE KingCounty REALTORS® (SKCR) is ensuring that public policies support homeownership and your business’s bottom line. View the full publication

Northwest MLS brokers report robust activity amid low interest rates, tight inventory, changing lifestyles

KIRKLAND, Washington (July 6, 2020) – Historically low interest rates and lifestyle changes are fueling housing activity around Washington state, according to Dean Rebhuhn, president of Village Homes and Properties in Woodinville. Commenting on just-released June statistics from Northwest Multiple Listing Service, he and other brokers say multiple offers are [..]

Northwest MLS modifies Lease/Rental Agreement Form

Northwest Multiple Listing Service revised Form 68 (Lease Rental/Agreement) to address two bills passed during the last legislative session: House Bill 1694 (allowing tenants to pay certain sums in installments) and House Bill 2535 (providing for a grace period before late fees may be imposed for past due rent.). The [..]

King County’s Department of Local Services marks notable inaugural year

When King County Executive Dow Constantine appointed John Taylor to serve as the first director of the newly created Department of Local Services (DLS), he envisioned a leader for a “virtual city hall” or “go-to agency” for the “unique and diverse” constituents in unincorporated King County. “Everyone in the unincorporated [..]

Washington nets nearly 110,000 new residents in past year

Washington’s population grew 1.5% over the past year to top 7.6 million. A new report from the Office of Financial Management (OFM) shows net migration accounted for 76% of the 109,800 new residents. OFM reported net births made up the remaining 24% of the growth. Since April 2, 2010, the [..]

New tool simplifies utility set-up

Puget Sound Energy (PSE) has simplified the process for setting up electric and natural gas service for homebuyers in their 6,000 square mile service territory, which covers much of Western Washington. The online tool may be used for setting up, stopping, or moving service. “It’s hard enough going through the [..]

News In Brief

Federal regulators will vote in July on whether to make “988” the number to reach a suicide prevention hotline. The Federal Communications Commission says phone service providers will have until July 2022 to implement the new number, if the measure is approved in July, as expected. Once it’s in place, [..]

SKCR Events Calendar: July 2020

SKCR Events Calendar: July 2020

Northwest Multiple Listing Service unveils more options for house hunters to view homes

Western Washington home shoppers can now take various types of guided tours of properties, including a new “Live Stream Open House” option. Northwest Multiple Listing Service (NWMLS) recently unveiled that new feature plus enhanced ways for member-brokers to promote multiple virtual tours on their listings. The enhancements, developed as part [..]

We’re not #1

Seattle ranked in the bottom 10 of cities whose residents have not paid off their home loans, according to a new study from Construction Coverage, which reviews financial products, software, and insurance for the construction industry. Only 18% of owner-occupied homes in the Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue area are paid off, according to [..]

Back to top